The buildings within the walls of 23LoveLane Hotel were constructed at different times beginning from the 1800s, representing five different architectural periods.
The 10 room hotel is situated in the heart of George Town and was originally a private residence owned by a European and later by a local family. Along the way, it became the Oasis Hotel, until it was bought by the present owner in 2007. A renowned conservationist joined the team of architects and consultants and lovingly brought the buildings back to life in a three year project. 23LoveLane Hotel opened for business in December 2011.
We have since added Muntri Suites, a 3 room pre-war shop house a few minutes’ walk from the main building, and another stand alone heritage unit named Stewart Suite just around the corner. To serve our guests better, we opened SteakFrites@23 Restaurant adjacent to the hotel.
- PAM [Malaysian Institute of Architects] Awards - GOLD Award Winner for Conservation , 2013
- Expatriate Lifestyle Best of Malaysia Awards: Best Romantic Stay Winner, 2016 & Best Boutique Hotel Winner, 2017
- Trip Advisor: Travellers Choice Award 2013, Hall of Fame [2014 - 2018], 2019 & 2020
The Chinese Indian Terrace
The Chinese Indian Terrace offers cozy benches with views to the garden. The upper floor is best enjoyed in the evenings and at night. The Chinese Indian Terrace and the garden courtyard are great areas to have evening cocktails before exploring the wonders of George Town.
Library in Anglo Indian Bungalow
The Library is situated on the upper floor of the Anglo Indian Bungalow. A bright and colourful space decorated in tones of reds, it is perfect for rainy days and for guests seeking some quiet, catch up with emails or read a book. Guests can help themselves to coffee and tea whilst browsing through the books and magazines. Delightful board games await you too.
This private garden provides a calm refuge after a day out. A haven for nature lovers amidst the butterflies and birds that find their home here.
Facilities & Amenities
- Free Wifi in the entire building
- Evening turndown service
- Premium toiletries
- En-suite bathroom
- LCD TV
- Satellite and Cable TV Service
- I-Pod Docking station with Radio Alarm Clock
- International Direct Dial Telephones
- Individually controlled Air-Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- In-room Personal Electronic Safe
- Hair Dryer
- Premium bathrobe
- Drinking water
- Iron and Ironing Board *
- Luggage rack *
- Minibar **
- 24 hour security
- Massage *
- Heritage tour, Island tour & airport shuttle *
** Only in Indian Shop House and the Anglo Indian Bungalow Garden Room
Malaysian Institute of Architects
Gold Award Winner,
Best Romantic Stay
Best Boutique Hotel
Loved By Guests Award